Postal Plus will act only as an agent in handling of parcel(s) for its customer. Postal Plus must be the initiator of any and all correspondence resulting from loss/damage claim. Postal Plus locations are independently owned and operated and are not agents or employees of Postal Plus Inc. Postal Plus will act on behalf of its customers in attempting to resolve a loss/damage claim but must be limited to the following:
1. If your shipment does not arrive within 7 days, please notify the Postal Plus store indicated on the front of the receipt, unless shipping time has been determined to be longer.
2. If your shipment is damaged:
- IMMEDIATELY contact the Postal Plus store which shipped your item(s). Postal Plus can not be liable for a claim that goes unreported for more than 30 days.
- Please note any damage prior to signing the carrier’s delivery receipt. Failure to do so may nullify your opportunity to have a claim paid. You must save the box and all packing material for the carrier’s inspection.
- Do not return or release merchandise to any carrier unless specifically instructed by the Postal Plus store on the front of this receipt.
3. If you have declared a value for the shipment and have protested that declared value, then, in case of loss or damage, Postal Plus will not be liable for more than:
- The cost of repair or replacement of the property, with material of like kind and quality.
- The cost of repair or replacement of the property at point of destination on the date of delivery with proper deduction for depreciation.
- The actual cash market value of the property at the destination on the date of delivery.
4. It is the customer’s responsibility to be able to provide a current appraisal or receipt for the item(s) being shipped in order to show proof of value. (The appraisal must be less than on year old.) Declaring a value on the receipt does not constitute proof of value; proof of value must exist and be available prior to shipping.
5. If no value is declared Postal Plus will not be liable for more than the coverage provided by carrier, if any.
6. Value may be declared per item or package being shipping, however, if a lump sum declaration is made, losses will be paid on a pro-rata distribution on number of items and/or parcels shipped.
7. Should repair or replacement estimates become necessary, it is the customer’s responsibility to obtain these documents.
8. As a courtesy to you, Postal Plus will permit the carrier to correct an incorrect delivery address if possible. If the carrier charges an address correction fee, the customer agrees to reimburse Postal Plus.
9. Postal Plus will not be liable for damage to internal electrical/electronic equipment or circuits where no visible damage is evident.
10. POSTAL PLUS AND ITS DECLARED VALUE SERVICE WILL NOT BE LIABLE IN THE EVENT OF BREAKAGE OR INTERNAL DAMAGE WITH A CUSTOMER PACKED PARCEL.
11. Postal Plus will not assume liability for payment of a claim in the even carrier denies claim in full or part for carrier covered parcels.
12. Postal Plus will not be liable for any parcel shipped without adequate declared value coverage.
13. Postal Plus in no event shall be liable for any consequential, incidental loss, software or data media recovery, depreciated value, or special damages which may occur from acts of God, carrier negligence, water damage, disappearance, non-delivery, damage or delay of any shipment. This limitation shall apply to and include, but not be limited to, damages for loss of profit, loss of income, or a loss of bargain.
14. Postal Plus will not be liable for failure of carrier to effect a timely delivery. Delivery dates and times are estimates on Postal Plus’s part and are based on information given by the carrier.
15. Postal Plus will not be liable for customer’s failure to properly address packages correctly. Incorrect addresses on packages include consignee’s correct telephone number on address label.